Source: Moon journeying through clouds.
Zen Buddhist chants, sayings and recitations from the Buddhist Society for Compassionate Wisdom.
- Eat with awareness and gratitude.
- Pause before buying and see if breathing is enough.
- Pay attention to the effects of media you consume.
Pause. Breathe. Listen.
- When you feel compelled to speak in a meeting or conversation, pause.
- Breathe before entering your home, pleace of work, or school.
- Listen to the people you encounter. They are buddhas.
- Notice what you have
- Be equally grateful for opportunities and challenges.
- Share joy, not negativity.
Cultivate compassion and loving kindness.
- Notice where help is needed and be quick to help
- Consider others’ perspectives deeply.
- Work for peace at many levels.
- Cultivate “don’t know” mind (= curiosity).
- Find connections between Buddhist teachings and your life.
- Be open to what arises in every moment.
Accept constant change.